RiverWork: Writing Contest 2012
The Z-Arts! Literary Committee is excited to combine the 2012 Z-Arts! Annual Writing Contest with the Form Tomorrow “RiverWork” writing competition. This writing competition about the Virgin River is open to all writers of all ages who live or work in the Virgin River Corridor and Washington County, Utah. All entries must be previously unpublished and received via email no later than May 21, 2012.
RiverWork Participant Rules:
- Any participant must live within The Virgin River Corridor or Washington County.
- Professional, freelance, students and all other writers are invited to submit entries in the following categories on RiverWork:
- Adult Non-Fiction Category: any person age 18 plus.
- Adult Fiction and Poetry Category: any person age 18 plus.
- Young Adult Category: any person age 13 – 17. Non-fiction, fiction or poetry.
- Youth Category: any person age 12 and under. Non-fiction, fiction or poetry.
- Non-fiction includes any essay, observation, journal entries, memoir
or excerpt from a longer piece (no more than 20 pages).
- Fiction and poetry includes a short story or excerpt from a longer novel (no more
than 20 pages), or any poetic prose, free verse or traditional (1-5 poems totaling
no more than 10 pages).
This event is co-sponsored by local non-profits Form Tomorrow and Zion Canyon Arts and Humanities Council (Z-Arts!).
Form Tomorrow is a 501 (c3) not for profit organization whose mission is to provide education and assistance to communities and design professionals in the disciplines of planning, sustainability, design, and wise use of resources as expressed in the built and natural world. Form Tomorrow is committed to the idea that good community planning comes from local knowledge.